A burglary, fire or car accident are just a few examples of situations that can pull the rug out from under your feet. Such events can affect your mental health, sometimes for quite a while. Through our THANKS Program, our clients have access to a psychological support service after a trying event. It’s free and applies from day one.
It's free and included in your contract. No application necessary, no fees.
For a single event, your family can get 20 hours of counselling with a psychologist. Each person can consult up to 10 hours for free.
Consultations are available to all our insureds for 12 months following a covered loss under a personal insurance policy.
Counselling experts to help you heal
Confidentiality is a given
The following are examples of situations we have helped with, and perhaps resemble your own experience.
- Feeling of powerlessness about the events experienced.
- Difficulty responding and getting back on your feet.
- Difficulty overcoming feelings of hostility and anger about an event experienced or damage sustained.
- Emotional problems in response to the shock of a sudden and unexpected disability.
- Feelings of guilt for damage caused to others.
- Feelings of fear, sometimes to the point of panic.
- Inability to cope with anxiety.
- Difficulty understanding yourself.
- Feeling of solitude and isolation from your friends and family.
- Desire to help your family members overcome their distress.
The first step is to call. A counsellor will take your call and ask you a few questions to open your file. Remember to have your insurance policy number handy to confirm your eligibility for the service.
A psychologist will call you back within 24 hours to schedule your first appointment.