Yes, this is possible at two times: (1) at renewal or (2) following a life event. Both types of changes come with certain conditions though!
(1) At renewal
- The renewal date is easy to remember. It’s January 1 every year for all contracts!
- The minimum participation requirement must have elapsed. Otherwise, the change will have to wait until January 1 the following year.
- You can add or drop as many options as you like from the complementary supplement when renewing, but you can only go up or down one level of protection at a time, e.g., from basic to intermediate, but not from basic to enriched.
(2) Following a life event
A plan change or an addition or termination from the optional coverage supplement is always possible within 30 days following one of the life events described below:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Separation or divorce
- Death of a spouse or dependent
- Termination of eligibility of the last dependent child