In order to offer you quality products and services, we must obtain, use and store some of your personal information. “Personal information” refers to any information which relates to you and allows you to be identified. For instance, your name, your date of birth, your home or email addresses, information pertaining to your financial situation or health condition, etc.
Safeguarding your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal information is important to us. For this reason, Beneva1 has implemented security and monitoring measures to protect your personal information and privacy, in compliance with applicable laws. Our security and monitoring measures are based on the principles set out below.
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information is held by us to allow you to benefit from all our products and services.
We collect personal information when it is necessary to perform operations requiring your consent or when obligated under the law.
We collect, store, share and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish your identity and determine if you are eligible for products and services;
- To ensure that the advice, products and services we offer cater to your needs;
- To assess risks and determine the price and coverage of your insurance;
- To conduct inquiries in the context of a claim;
- To settle claims;
- To issue, manage, administer and update your products and services;
- To communicate with you by various methods such as mail, email, text (SMS), telephone, other telecommunication methods or social media to convey marketing material or information on the benefits, features of products or services we offer ourselves or by our affiliated companies;
- To study and assess your requests and other information in order to understand who you are, your activities and needs, and to know which products, services or promotions are likely to interest you, including for targeting promotions in accordance with the information we have collected;
- To protect you and ourselves against errors and criminal activities, including as a means for the protection, detection and investigation of fraud, money laundering and other similar risks and threats;
- To understand and better manage the progression of Beneva's activities and develop products and services, including making market studies, analyzing or using data that we hold on you to develop or adapt products and services that meet your needs.
- Comply with applicable laws and any requirements of competent authorities.
Only our employees, agents, distribution partners and service providers may access to your personal information, and solely when such access is required to perform their duties, carry out their mandates or fulfil their obligations.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless we have obtained your prior consent, except when legally permitted and when required.
We may also collect personal information from third parties within the limits of the law such as credit reporting agencies, insurance brokers, claim adjusters, governmental institutions, employers, hospitals, or financial agencies. We may also communicate with them to verify or complete personal information, as well as other third parties providing you with services on your vehicle or property.
Data hosting outside of Canada
Beneva uses service providers located outside of Canada to perform certain operations during the normal course of business. It is possible that your personal information may be used and transferred to another country and would be subject to the laws of that country. In accordance with Beneva's policies regarding protection of personal information we require signed contracts and demand from our services providers that certain measures are in place to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal information. These precautions are in place to prevent this information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was collected.
Accuracy of information
We make reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information that we hold concerning you is accurate, complete, and up-to-date when it is used. We also count on your cooperation to contact us when there is any change to your personal information.
Access and correction
You can access the personal information we hold or request to have incomplete or inaccurate information corrected. To do so, you must submit a written request using the contact information in the Contact Us section of this page.
Withdrawing your consent
You have the option to withdraw your consent to the usage and communication of your personal information, subject to the limits provided for by law.
Please note, however, that by withdrawing your consent, it is possible that we may no longer be able to provide you with our products and services.
We have implemented and continue to develop rigorous safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information against loss or theft and any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
These safeguards include organizational measures such as:
- Security certificates and access to information restricted to that which is required and necessary;
- Physical measures such as employee access cards to our offices, identity cards and registration of visitors, saving and archiving of data on an external system, etc.;
- Technological measures such as passwords that must be frequently changed, encryption and firewalls.
We regularly test our security procedures to assess their efficiency and effectiveness.
Our employees and representatives can address any concerns you may have about the protection of your personal information, specifically with respect to:
- our privacy policies and practices
- who at Beneva has access to your personal information
- how long we keep your personal information
To contact our Privacy Officer, please fill out our form or write to us at the following address:
625 Rue Jacques-Parizeau
Québec QC G1R 2G5