A community built on sustainability
This innovative and visionary project has few counterparts in North America and takes environmental construction standards to the next level.
The site was planned and designed with eco-friendly consideration from the start. Existing historical buildings were preserved and renovated to reduce environmental waste. Cité Verte runs on a biomass heating system and incorporates alternative methods of waste management.
Its innovative green building technologies have earned it several awards and distinctions over the years.
A building with character and distinction
Prix Innovation en bâtiment durable (Sustainable Building Innovation Award)
This ambitious eco-friendly project received the sustainable building innovation award at the Gala Habitation in 2012.
Prix d’excellence en immobilier
In 2015, the IDU also awarded Cité verte the Prix d’excellence en immobilier in the Multiple Residential Units category.
It’s all in the details
- 3 buildings
- Total square footage: 73,183 sq. ft.
- Floors for office/commercial space:
- Building P: 2 floors
- Structure: poured concrete
- Exterior siding: brick, curtain walls
- 1 elevator, 2 service stairwells
- Automatic sprinklers under constant supervision
- Tunnel connecting the buildings
- Abundant windows and light
- Energy supply provided by a biomass thermal heating system
- Underground waste management
- 130 parking spaces for offices, retail and visitors
- Park and pedestrian paths
- Laval University
- Public transit (bus routes)
Cité Verte tenants
A business community in an eco-friendly setting.